What Does She Do: My traditional day job is working for an environmental planning firm in SoCal, and I lead the firm’s public outreach and community engagement efforts. Outside of my day job, I have my own consulting business, Norm Breakers. My company partners with leaders in business and society to set the new standard of success in their industries by norm breaking. My norm breaking strategies inspire complex change, trigger sustainable growth, build competitive advantage, and drive bottom-line impact.
If you’re someone who is looking to increase their competitive advantage, innovation output, and sustainable growth, it is time to start thinking beyond the traditional linear career path model. This model assumes that there is only one right fit career path that will lead to success – which is a very limiting perspective.
Consider norm breaking to trigger success in your career by reaching beyond this linear model. Pursuing multiple careers means you are expanding your own market. When you embrace different roles, you not only create different streams of revenue, but you also create your own unique career ladder to success.
I recognize that norm breaking is not easy, especially because it requires us to step outside our comfort zone and that is a scary thing to do! But somehow, the greatest things in life are placed on the other side of fear. So my advice is to embrace the untraditional and be brave enough to break norms in your career. Press on towards your bigger dreams and never forget about your WHY.
Favorite Beauty Services: One of my favorite ways of expressing my mood is through colors. I love treating myself to a mani/pedi, and generally gravitate towards the wilder, louder, and bolder colors.
Favorite Beauty Products: Facial masks! I have a special section in my fridge dedicated to my collection of facial masks #sorrynotsorry #noshame. There's just something incredibly relaxing about slathering on a cold facial and lighting a candle after a long work day. I highly recommend the Fresh Rose Face Mask - it smells amazing and is a great hydrating/toning solution for tired skin.
- Step 1: Aesop In Two Minds Facial Cleanser - wash face with warm water
- Step 2: Aesop Fabulous Face Oil - pat on; has a subtle heavenly floral scent
- Step 3: Aesop Parsely Seed Antioxidant Eye Serum - lightly tap on
General Overview of a Typical Day:
- 4 am – Wake Up, pray/meditate, & review day’s agenda items
- 5 am – Complete training program at Equinox (lately it's been a combo of weight lifting & cardio)
- 7 am – Get ready for work
- 8 am – 5:30 pm – Work at traditional corporate job
- 5:30-6 pm – Breathe
- 6 – 9 pm – Meet with business partner; work on side businesses
- 9:00 pm – Connect with family/friends; catch up on social media
Favorite Fashion of the Moment: Luxe athleisure wear with a designer bag
Favorite hotspot to chat with other #ellevated women: