Fraxel Laser Treatment
Ann Jayaram, MD
The Best Aesthetic Provider And The Best Technology In Laser Skin Resurfacing Now Combine To Offer You A Customized And Effective Treatment For Pigment, Fine Lines, And Wrinkles
- Dr. J customizes a treatment map of your face and neck to treat various problems in troublesome areas, such as pigment on the cheeks and wrinkles under the eyes and around the mouth
- Fraxel Dual laser is virtually painless (as compared to older lasers which can be quite painful) and has very minimal downtown that merely resembles a light sunburn
- Either as a one time treatment, or as part of a series, you will be able to clearly see your results
- Dr. J’s ophthalmology background allows her to treat as close to the eyes as possible
Fraxel Laser Q & A
What is Fraxel laser treatment?
Fraxel laser treatment is a procedure that makes the skin on your face and neck look noticeably younger and tighter without injections or incisions. The procedure uses columns of laser light energy to penetrate deep into your skin.
These energy columns heat the underlying tissue while keeping surrounding tissue unharmed. Your skin naturally and rapidly heals the damaged columns and grows new firming collagen and elastin in response.
At ellevateMD, Dr. Jayaram performs Fraxel laser treatment using a gentle hand. The procedure is virtually painless, and you feel a sensation of light heat as the laser does its work.
Before you start, Dr. Jayaram may offer a topical anesthesia application for your skin. The laser itself includes a cooling system to control the heat on your skin.
Dr. Jayaram’s background in ophthalmology allows her to treat the skin as close to the eyes as possible without putting them at risk of damage.
What does a Fraxel laser treat?
Fraxel laser treatments can address skin texture and tone issues that don’t go away with a home skin care regimen. You see improvements after just one treatment, with increased improvements with every treatment thereafter.
Dr. Jayaram may recommend Fraxel laser treatment if your skin concerns include:
- Sun damage
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Age spots or hyperpigmentation
- Actinic keratoses
- Acne scars
- Surgical scars
What should I expect after a Fraxel laser treatment?
Following your Fraxel laser treatment at ellevateMD, you need to take some extra precautions to protect your healing skin.
For the first 1-3 hours after a treatment, you might feel like you have a mild sunburn. That is normal, and even after it goes away, your skin is a bit more sensitive than usual.
To avoid damaging your skin after Fraxel treatments, you should:
- Wear broad-spectrum sunscreen
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat in the sun
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning booths for at least three months
- Be gentle while washing your skin
- Use non-comedogenic moisturizers
- Take over-the-counter pain relievers for any swelling or discomfort
If you have any hesitations before your Fraxel laser treatment, Dr. Jayaram can address your concerns and answer questions during your one-on-one consultation. She goes over your skin health and medical history to make sure that the procedure is safe for you.
To schedule a Fraxel laser treatment consultation, request an appointment by phone or online at ellevateMD today.
Before & After Gallery
Learn More about Ellevate Laser Skin Care
Three Things You Need To Know
Know Your Options
Know Your Risks
ellevate Laser Reviews
I did a series of 3 laser treatments 3 months apart and am completely wowed by my results—my sunspots were gone after the first session and by the third session my lines around my lips had disappeared!
Dr. J felt very comfortable targeting my trouble areas around my eyelids and I couldn’t be more happy with the results!